Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Blue Cross


On the plane returning from Medugorje, I was thinking about the blue cross planted in cement 200 meters away from the location of the project (the Lamb of God shrine) on the Mount of the Cross in Deir-El-Kamar.  I thought it would be so wonderful if only I could move the cross from its place and put it in the shrine.  But, I knew it was secured in cement, and that this would be nearly impossible.

I arrived in Lebanon and the next day I took the workers to the shrine location.   When we reached the place of the Blue Cross, we found it pulled out and bowing towards the ground.  I asked what had happened to the cross.  One of the workers answered, "Father, while you were away a storm with strong winds blew in Deir-El-Kamar.  It uprooted everything on its way and pulled out the Blue Cross with it."

I instructed him to bring the cross immediately.  The cross was put in place in the location near the shrine on the 17th of August 2007.


No comments:

Post a Comment