Thursday, February 12, 2009

Eleventh Stage: Resurrection (John 21:15-19)



Theme: The LORD anoints you.




After Resurrection, the LORD Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” He then said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was distressed that he had said to him a third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.”

Let us meditate on our long journey with the LORD, in which He called us, brought us out of slavery, purified us, gave us His commandments, forgave us, and taught us how to deny self, take up our crosses, and follow Him.  After this long journey from slavery to freedom, in which we passed through the desert and took up the cross, the light of resurrection finally shines upon our lives. The LORD now anoints us and calls us to feed his sheep and to help others to bring them out from death to life.
Let us pray for all priests, fathers, mothers, and every responsible person, so that the LORD may bless them and help them complete their task in bringing others to salvation.


_________________________________
For Spiritual Direction

This stage goes from the moment you receive an amazing grace from God to the moment you experience Pentecost in your life.
 The length of this stage depends from one person to another. Some people experience Follow Me for more than 5 years others for less than 2 years. All people experience the end of “The Resurrection”  with the descent of the Holy Spirit.
 In this stage, Christ asks you frequently: “Do you love me?”

 Do you love me?

 Meditations: John

 After a period of honeymoon with the Lord, you will experience the beginning of a new stage: “Pentecost”.

No comments:

Post a Comment